At ALLJAY safety solutions we sell and install portable fire extinguishers & fire blankets. We also perform the regular inspections and tagging of fire extinguishers, fire blankets and fire hose reels.
Fire services are part of the Essential Safety Measures.
How often do fire extinguishers & fire blankets need to be serviced?
It is a legal requirement that portable fire extinguishers, fire blankets and fire hose reels be inspected and tagged every 6 months.
Portable fire extinguishers are required to be emptied, pressure tested and refilled every 5 years (see our exchange program below).
Our fire services inspection and tagging procedure:
- Visual inspection of the fire extinguisher / fire blanket, including mounting and signage – rectify as required.
- Cleaning and inspection of fire extinguisher / fire blanket in line with Australian Standards*.
- If equipment passes the inspection – date stamping of ID tag.
- Completion of the fire services report.
Our fire extinguisher exchange program:
At 5 years of age instead of a pressure test service, we have an arrangement with our supplier to do an exchange for a new fire extinguisher for the same price.
The benefits to you:
- A new fire extinguisher comes with a 5 years warranty.
- A new fire extinguisher is guaranteed to be 100% effective (re-assembled units may only be 80% effective).
- An exchange program that means you are never without a fire extinguisher.
- A simple peace of mind process.
- Fire extinguishers must be refilled or exchanged, if partially or fully discharged within the 5 year period.
- Fire blankets must be disposed of and replaced after use on a fire.
*Applicable Australian Standards:
- AS/NZS 1841.1 – portable fire extinguishers – general requirements.
- AS/NZS 2444 – portable fire extinguishers and fire blankets – selection and location.
- AS/NZS 1851 – routine service of fire protection systems and equipment.
Questions & bookings:
For more information and to make a booking please call ALLJAY safety solutions on 1300 659 005 or use our contact us form.
Service areas for fire extinguisher servicing:
We generally service the Greater Geelong, Bellarine Peninsula and Surfcoast Regions of Victoria. We also service selected businesses and schools in Colac, Melbourne CBD and Melbourne’s West.